Monday, May 23, 2011

make a turban



In my last post, I blogged about the latest, greatest accessory on the fashion scene; the turban. One of my suggestions was that you could make your own, as I did. Below are some suggestions of where to find a really good turban 'recipe'.

1. The Moochi Autum 2011 catalogue has a feature that tells you how to make your own turban (this is the 'recipe' I based my turban on).

2. This person has just posted a how-to on facebook, but it's actually a really great method for a making a full turban that covers your entire head.

3. For the more visual among us, this is a youtube video by Thea Modette on how to create your own turban.

4. This is by far the easiest method for turban making that I have ever seen. It's a great one if you're not the best at sewing, or if trying to make a more intricate turban is confusing you.

After making your turban, try decorating it with beads, jewels or sequins. I actually ended up making two turbans and decorated one with faux pearls for night-time wear. It looks amazing and only cost me about $3 to make!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment