Sunday, July 17, 2011

Chanel Spring 2011 Couture







I'm not usually one for couture solely due to the fact that I know I will never, EVER be able to afford it, so I don't even bother looking at it! However, I stumbled across Chanel's Spring '11 couture collection the other day [in Australian Vogue] and absolutely fell in love with it!

Inspired by ballet, this collection manages to bring couture into the 21st century, displaying a more casual elegance scarcely seen in the couture industry. I love the fact that this collection allows the models to be seen as what they are - young girls - instead of turning them into the wise beyond their years, vixens, that many other couture designers make them out to be.

I also love how light this collection is. Some of these pieces literally look weightless! Not to mention the shoes! Oh myyyyy. They are amazingly beautiful and I am in loveeee. If I had many thousands of dollars and a ball to go to, there is no doubt in mind mind that I would be doing everything I could to get my grubby little mitts on some of these amazing pieces. *Drools*


Images: Style.com

2 comments:

  1. Love this collection too. Its like laid back couture. Love your point about the models, never thought about that before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's one of the first things I thought when I saw it - about the models I mean. It's so beautiful, I love it :)

    ReplyDelete