Tuesday, October 4, 2011

DW by Kanye West: PFW S/S 2012








Yes, It's official! Mr West debuted his first womenswear collection at PFW the other day. From what I can gather, there's been a lot of negative feedback in the media regarding this collection, which is unfortunate. I think when celebrity's decide that they're going to try there hand at design, a lot of people tend to turn their nose up because they just assume the collection is going to be a wee bit crap, and don't really give it a proper look before they judge it.

Despite all of this, I think Kanye has done well with this one - however it really does show that it is his first collection. It just seems to be a bit all over the place and not as polished as I would have liked to see, but aside from this, I definitely think the ideas are there. I look forward to seeing how his new label improves with time. I have a feeling that the second collection will be a lot better. Fingers crossed!


Images: kanyetothe.com

No comments:

Post a Comment